SEACHEM ALGAE SCRAPER 31CM
Ergonomic handle provides good grip. Retractable blade for safety. Floats.
Seachem Algae Scraper 31cm 12inch (SC-3207)
Seachem Algae Scraper is a 3-in-1 scraper for glass and acrylic aquarium. It includes 3 retractable blades (metal, plastic, soft pad) that let you easily and effortlessly remove algae from glass and acrylic aquarium.
When not in use, you can simply retract and hide the blade for safety.
- Ergonomic handle makes it comfortable to hold in multiple positions
- Floats on water, therefore easy to retrieve
- White colour makes it easy for you to see the algae you want to remove
- Retractable blade housing safely hides blade while not is use.
- White design contrasts with algae so you can see what you are removing
- Handle hole for hanging storage
- Safely hide blade when not in use
- Easily switch between metal blade and soft pad. Simply slide the cartridge out of the scraper head, flip, and re-insert
- Choose from two blade positions/heights
- Metal - Easily removes tough algae in glass aquariums. Not for use on acrylic.
- Plastic - Safe for use on glass and acrylic. Use care at gravel line to avoid scratching acrylic
- Soft Pad - Your first choice for acrylic aquariums. Easily removes algae from scratches.
- 6 inches (15 cm)
- 12 inches (31 cm)
- 18 inches (46 cm)
Q: Is the metal blade safe to use on an acrylic aquarium?
A: No, the metal blade should only be used in glass aquariums. It will scratch acrylic.
Q: Is the plastic blade safe to use on an acrylic aquarium?
A: Generally, yes, although care should be taken. It is still possible to scratch acrylic with the plastic blade. The safest choice for acrylic is the soft pad.
Q: Are replacement blades available?
A: Yes, you can replace the cartridge which holds the blades as well as the blades and pads individually. The plastic blade is part of the cartridge.
Q: Can the scraper be used in saltwater?
A: Yes, the scraper is safe to use in both freshwater and saltwater.