Qanvee LH-600 K1 Media Filter Bed (S)
K1 Fluidized Bio Filter Chamber houses the self cleaning K1 filter media.
Advantages of the K1 Fluidized Bio Filter setup,
- Fluidized moving bed filters clean water quickly & efficiently.
- Using an air stone, water is oxygenated. It moves the media inside the filter along with enhancing the production of nitrifying bacteria that can be used for fast cleaning of dangerous chemicals in the water. Air stone is used for quiet operation & enhancing the number of air bubbles.
- Fluidized moving bed filters are cheaper than ordinary filters which makes them a nice addition to a heavily stocked fish tank.
- Self-cleaning filter media is used inside fluidized moving bed filters that constantly move around & rub each other that lets the most effective bacteria to survive.
- It is very easy to remove the sponge for cleaning.
- Fluidized moving bed filters are easy to maintain because there is no need to clean the media due to its self-cleaning feature. Also filter media does not need replacement.
- K1 media will start floating in the beginning but in a few days, it will begin tumbling.
- It is nice to watch the K1 media banging with each other continuously & when it hits each other, the old bacteria are destroyed, & new bacteria that can absorb ammonia & nitrites builds up on the media.
- Filter media does not need replacement or cleaning because fluidized moving bed filters use self-cleaning filter media.
- It is easy to disassemble the filter & remove the sponge for cleaning. QANVEE LH-300/600 comes with an extra sponge.
- It is a perfect filter for big aquariums or if you have too many fish in the fish tank. With fluidizing or suspending its fine-grained media in a column of water, their surface area & contact time is enhanced tremendously for fast cleaning of water.