Marine pure Rock creates the perfect bio home for bacteria with its porous inert structure and designed to maximise filtration with bio film technology
- small, appro 6" x 5" x3.5" (size and shape varies)
- medium, appro 8" x 6" x 6" (size and shape varies)
- Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate Removal
- The perfect substitute for Live Rock- safe, effective, and economical.
- Primarily designed to provide deep anaerobic zones for de-nitrification.
- Great for aquascaping and as a substrate to grow corals.
- Use directly in Aquarium tank – available in small or medium sizes
MarinePure ROCK and water chemistry
- Because MarinePure Rock is inert and made from a ceramic it does not effect the water chemistry and can be used in many different types of tanks including planted, freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- MarinePure Rock Natural Appearance, although man made the Marinepure gives a natural look as the shape is based upon a mold of a natural rock which gives a great appearence in both aquascapes and reef tanks.
Advantages using MarinePure bio-media instead of live rock?
- The harvesting of live rock has contributed to the demise of the world’s coral reefs, MarinePure bio media is a manmade product and does not harm the environment.
- Live Rock is popular because in addition to eliminating ammonia and nitrites it will also reduce nitrates.
- MarinePure mimics live rock in this arena and is more effective because of the expert engineering involved to increase surface area along with an open pore design.
- MarinePure allows more space for additional beneficial bacteria to grow increasing the capacity to eliminate ammonia and nitrites and reduce nitrates.
- MarinePure also addresses some negatives associated with the use of live rock. Live Rock comes complete with live and dead critters that can contaminate a fish tank.
- Live Rock is heavy and can displace water needed by aquarium inhabitants.
- MarinePure bio filter media is contaminate free and lighter than live rock.
- It can be sanitized and reused and is also a great home for welcome guests like Copepods.
How much do I need?
- As an estimate MarinePure Small ROCK is more effective than 4.5kg of live rock. Medium ROCK would compare to over 11kg of live rock.
Nitrate Reducing properties.
Thin Bio-Film Technology
- Combination of vast surface area and open/interconnected pores allow a thin bio-film to develop.
- This thin film allows bacteria to flourish because necessary nutrients are immediately available.
- With the open pores, old dead bio-film is easily flushed from the media and will not plug the media.
- Water flows through the media, not around as with other denser medias, thus utilizing the most surface area for beneficial bacterial growth.